Coach your people to higher achievement
—as a certified executive coach
A coaching-manager, like a top-level executive coach, should have...
- a tough-minded commercial edge—flint, not fluff
- empathy, both intellectual and emotional—willingness and ability to listen, and to understand the coachee, the situation, and the business
- courage, frankness, compassion, fearless respect and a desire to help
- polished coaching skills within transparent structures and processes
- an understanding of business priorities, and experience and tools to enable depth of enquiry
- the strength, patience and skill to favor people development over short-term results –and thus to achieve better results faster
- and preferably ICF certification—to build credibility with coachees and employers and increase your own promotability and market value.
Successful, progressive employers are using coaching more and more as a development and management method. This is most demonstrated by the increase in investment in training of internal coaches and of managers as coaches.
Skilful coaching can bring yourself and your company a distinct competitive edge in both productivity and talent acquisition. Coaching is the how-to of managing individuals and teams in the collaborative, communicative style that so many wish for, and we can help you put into reality.
In our professional executive coaching seminar you will learn how to ask, rather than tell, as a leader; how to develop your own value mindset; how to deliver value and the perception of value to anyone you coach; how to sell your value; and—if you want to—how to get certified, get ahead, and stay ahead, as an executive coach.
Does this look like the Future You?» Find out more about the Leading Coach program.